News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Sport, Quotes, Inspiration and yes... U Welcome
Friday, 24 April 2015
Abia state Resident Electoral Commissioner raises alarm over threat to her life
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Abia state, Professor Selina Oko has raised an alarm over death threats she has received following the inconclusive governorship election conducted in the state on April 11th. In an interview with Punch, Professor Oko said she has received threats of how she will be assassinated
"Yes, I have been getting calls threatening my life. I have been getting text messages about how they will shoot me through the window of my car. Yes, I have told the security agencies that my life is being threatened" she said. Continue...
Responding to allegations, the state PDP governorship candidate Dr Okezie Ikpeazu that she is an aunt to the APGA candidate, Alex Otti and is working in favor of him to win, Professor Oko said that is not true. She slammed the PDP Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh for carrying this unverified claims.
"He is a liar. He does not know me. I did not know Otti until I came to Abia. I think Otti is from Abia. I am from Afikpo in Ebonyi State. He should go to Afikpo and trace my linage and see whether there is any link at all between me and Otti. I have never known Otti until this time. They are cooking up stories just to whip up sentiments. Besides if I am Otti’s aunt why should I then collect N300 million from him? One of such people whose allegation I read in black and white is the so-called National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Olisa Metuh. He said I am related to Otti. How can somebody at his level get information and not bother to verify it? All he did was to rush to the media and put it in black and white. There is something wrong with him. He is not fit to be a leader" she said.
Labels:
News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The 293 females whom the Nigerian Army recently rescued from Sambisa Forest, are currently undergoing pregnancy and HIV tests.
-
The singer showed off her amazing, banging body in a Crochet swimsuit while on vacation last week
-
Saw that Dubai was trending in Nigeria and checked to see why, and saw these tweets from Nigerian journalist Fidelis Mbah! So I went to ...
-
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), said on Tuesday that it had arrested a 42-year-old Kenyan female dancer with cocaine ...
-
The huge bright yellow gown Riri wore to the Chinese-themed Met Gala on Monday night in New York set the Internet agog with hilarious memes...
-
A 47-year-old man in Ogun State who is suspected to be a kidnapper, was caught while he was attempting to take four girls to Lagos without...
-
Actress Adunni Ade and actor/model Bryan Okwara for La Mode magazine, 'Trendy Fashion' edition. See more photos after the cut...
-
Power couple, Kim and Kanye attended the Time 100 Gala which took place last night in New York. Kim looked stunning in a Sophie Theall...
-
Emmanuel Adebayor needs to stop this, or he'll mess his family up. The footballer shared another epistle on his Facebook page this morni...
-
Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki says president Jonathan will hand over power on May 29th as against May 28th date ear...

No comments:
Post a Comment