News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Sport, Quotes, Inspiration and yes... U Welcome
Wednesday, 22 April 2015
Jonathan to hand over power on May 29th, not May 28th - FG
Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki says president Jonathan will hand over power on May 29th as against May 28th date earlier reported. Speaking after the Federal Executive Council meeting today April 22nd, Akwashiki said May 28th will be the last day ministries and parastatals will do their handing over of briefs while the President will hand over power to Buhari on May 29th
"In the council today, the discussion was still centered on transition. I have to make a little clarification because some people thought I said May 28 will be handover date. I never said that. I said May 28 will be the last day that we will have our handing over briefs by ministries and parastatals. I said from the 28th of this month to that date has been given to departments and ministries to submit their hand over notes.
I remember somebody asked if there will be no vacuum if there is handover on May 28 and I replied that there will be no handing over on May 28. Handing over and inauguration will hold on May 29. The President is not handing over power on May 28, he is handing over power on May 29. We have started the transition and it is ongoing. We are submitting our handover notes to the Office of the SGF. The President is still the President until May 29 when Gen. Buhari takes his oath of office and resumes as the President of the Federal Republic.”she said
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Saw that Dubai was trending in Nigeria and checked to see why, and saw these tweets from Nigerian journalist Fidelis Mbah! So I went to ...
-
The 293 females whom the Nigerian Army recently rescued from Sambisa Forest, are currently undergoing pregnancy and HIV tests.
-
The singer showed off her amazing, banging body in a Crochet swimsuit while on vacation last week
-
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), said on Tuesday that it had arrested a 42-year-old Kenyan female dancer with cocaine ...
-
The huge bright yellow gown Riri wore to the Chinese-themed Met Gala on Monday night in New York set the Internet agog with hilarious memes...
-
A 47-year-old man in Ogun State who is suspected to be a kidnapper, was caught while he was attempting to take four girls to Lagos without...
-
Few days after Ekiti state Governor, Ayo Fayose accused PDP Chairman, Adamu Muazu of working in favor of the APC during the just concluded...
-
MediaTakeOut yesterday put married reality star Natalie Nunn on blast, alleging that she's cheating on her husband with a Nigerian bi...

No comments:
Post a Comment