News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Sport, Quotes, Inspiration and yes... U Welcome
Monday, 4 May 2015
Chidinma sings against Xenophobia in “Africa We Are One”! Listen to Her New Single
Recent birthday girl, Chidinma AKA Miss Kedike returns with this unifying track titled “Africa We are One“, produced by Young D.
In response to the recent xenophobic violence in South Africa, Chidinma said,
“Africa is ours to love, ours to protect and ours to develop. Music and touring has exposed me to so many parts of this wonderful, beautiful and blessed continent. I have been privileged to meet and interact with so many people from diverse cultures, tribes, religious beliefs etc. It’s truly been nothing but pure and undiluted love everywhere I set my feet on.
I have never faced discrimination on African soil. The love and encouragement from all the other African nations remains so overwhelming and brings tears to my eyes. I am successful today only because my continent enthroned me.
The situation in South Africa sets us back drastically as a continent.
I pray for peace, and I pray God heals all the families who lost loved ones or property during this trying and turbulent period. My song“Africa We are One” is my little contribution towards this healing process. Let’s learn to tolerate and love each other more”.
“Africa We Are One” is off Chidinma’s forthcoming album, to be released later this year.
Labels:
entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Saw that Dubai was trending in Nigeria and checked to see why, and saw these tweets from Nigerian journalist Fidelis Mbah! So I went to ...
-
The 293 females whom the Nigerian Army recently rescued from Sambisa Forest, are currently undergoing pregnancy and HIV tests.
-
The singer showed off her amazing, banging body in a Crochet swimsuit while on vacation last week
-
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), said on Tuesday that it had arrested a 42-year-old Kenyan female dancer with cocaine ...
-
The huge bright yellow gown Riri wore to the Chinese-themed Met Gala on Monday night in New York set the Internet agog with hilarious memes...
-
A 47-year-old man in Ogun State who is suspected to be a kidnapper, was caught while he was attempting to take four girls to Lagos without...
-
Few days after Ekiti state Governor, Ayo Fayose accused PDP Chairman, Adamu Muazu of working in favor of the APC during the just concluded...
-
MediaTakeOut yesterday put married reality star Natalie Nunn on blast, alleging that she's cheating on her husband with a Nigerian bi...
No comments:
Post a Comment