News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Sport, Quotes, Inspiration and yes... U Welcome
Monday, 11 May 2015
Friends and associates have abandoned me since I lost the election - GEJ
Before? Unfortunately, that's how some people are. They are only around you for what they can get, but as soon you are no longer in the position to be of help to them, they are gone. President Jonathan, during his Thanksgiving farewell service yesterday told his audience that he's been abandoned by people who he once considered friends.
He said despite this, he is a fulfilled man and will continue to give his best to Nigeria.
"As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because it has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor, governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then President, first was to complete the tenure of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and later serve as President from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man”.
"When I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the President of this country, and I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 per cent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price."Jonathan said he wasn't surprised that friends and associates have abandoned him, since losing the election and he expects worst things to happen in future. He said those that benefited most from his government were same people crucifying him today but he wasn't phased by it.
He thanked his ministers for having served him well and wished them the best in future endeavours.
“To my ministers, I wish you what I wish myself. They will have hard times, we will all have hard times. Our ways will be rough.”
But we are happy the ordinary people appreciate what we did and that is the most important. It’s not what the elite or the privileged few talk or say about you but what the majority of the Nigerian public think about your actions and inactions that matter.
“Like the Primate said, we came to Abuja peacefully and we are returning peacefully. “I thank the church and Nigerians because they stood by us at our most difficult times.
Labels:
News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The 293 females whom the Nigerian Army recently rescued from Sambisa Forest, are currently undergoing pregnancy and HIV tests.
-
The singer showed off her amazing, banging body in a Crochet swimsuit while on vacation last week
-
Saw that Dubai was trending in Nigeria and checked to see why, and saw these tweets from Nigerian journalist Fidelis Mbah! So I went to ...
-
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), said on Tuesday that it had arrested a 42-year-old Kenyan female dancer with cocaine ...
-
The huge bright yellow gown Riri wore to the Chinese-themed Met Gala on Monday night in New York set the Internet agog with hilarious memes...
-
A 47-year-old man in Ogun State who is suspected to be a kidnapper, was caught while he was attempting to take four girls to Lagos without...
-
Actress Adunni Ade and actor/model Bryan Okwara for La Mode magazine, 'Trendy Fashion' edition. See more photos after the cut...
-
Power couple, Kim and Kanye attended the Time 100 Gala which took place last night in New York. Kim looked stunning in a Sophie Theall...
-
Emmanuel Adebayor needs to stop this, or he'll mess his family up. The footballer shared another epistle on his Facebook page this morni...
-
Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki says president Jonathan will hand over power on May 29th as against May 28th date ear...

No comments:
Post a Comment